"What we all want is to raise children that are primed for life."
Anne O'Connor is an independent consultant for Early Years. She is an experienced trainer, key note speaker and author on areas such as attachment, physical development, wellbeing and transitions. In partnership with Anna Daly she is also the co-founder of Primed for Life which advocates for a wider understanding of the body as a child's first place of learning.
Drawing on over 20 years of leadership and teaching in early years, nursery and primary, Anne has a diverse freelance portfolio which includes:
- Being a founder member of Early Education Associates
- Contributing film notes and training materials for Siren Films
- Local authority conferences in Hackney, Bradford, Barking and Dagenham, Harrogate, Herts, West Lothian,
Edinburgh and Durham, York and Liverpool.
- Frequent Speaker at Nursery World Show, Nursery World North and Nursery World Conferences.
- Training sessions for Local Authority Early Years teams such as City of London, Barnsley Early Years, and
- Regular contributor to Nursery World.
- Guest blog writer for The Fawcett Society.
- Contributor and Guest editor for Early Education Journal.
- Author of Adoption UK Fact sheet 'What Every Teacher Needs To Know'.
Anne has also been an Associate Tutor for London University Institute of Education and the University of Cumbria.